Are You Having Difficulty Getting Data in High-Risk Regions?
Determine and Monitor Potential Risk Indicators Around the Globe
In hard-to-reach or high-risk areas, it can often be difficult to get an accurate sense of the current climate. Without resources on the ground, it is near impossible to get the information you need. Sourcing direct information is time-consuming, and by the time you receive the information it might be too late.
Local citizens are able to provide hyperlocal baseline signals, giving unprecedented insight into the organic and changing experience of community life. While these baseline signals are valuable in and of themselves as early warning indicators of community stress, they also provide a foundation upon which further queries and exploration of stability can be launched.
When you have questions about information on the ground, you need data that is trustworthy and verifiable. Premise delivers real-time, accurate and actionable data using a global network of on-the-ground Contributors, combined with data science and machine learning techniques.
- Get Early Warnings: By crowdsourcing information from local citizens, get a better understanding of the current climate.
- More Informed Insight: Use nontraditional indicators to help determine the level of safety or risk in volatile regions.
- Close Information Gaps: Collect information globally to fill any gaps and complement your organization’s information so you can make more informed decisions.
Below are a few ways in which Premise can help your organization monitor risk:
- Early Warning System: Monitor non-traditional risk factors that can serve as early warning indicators.
- Stability Monitoring: Understand the climate of a specific region dependent on your specific needs before, during or after an event.
- Safety Monitoring: Understand the presence of police, local government forces, community defense forces or other militant groups, as well as events like blockades or protests.
- Crime Monitoring: Gather information to understand trends in crime such as vandalism, graffiti, harassment or acts of violence.
- Food Security Monitoring: Collect intel on the ability of local individuals’ food security, including ease of access and availability.
- Freedom of Movement: Monitor a number of different factors to inform a holistic picture of local residents’ freedom of movement in a specified region.
- Disease Mapping: Follow the spread of diseases throughout a region to identify hotspots, speed of growth and highest volumes of incidence.